Cybersecurity Engineer (FT Remote)
Date ActiveFeb 16, 2023 10:39:17 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Cyber Security Engineer will directly support the MD of Security Engineering and is responsible for providing the highest quality Cyber and Information Technology (IT) security solutions to Webster Bank associates and customers. The primary functions for this position include identifying threats and vulnerabilities in systems and software, then applying their skills to develop and implement high-tech solutions to defend against hacking, malware and ransomware, insider threats and all types of cybercrime.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Developing/engineering secure, trusted systems. Performing assessments and penetration testing. Managing security technology and audit/intrusion systems. Developing and fielding secure network solutions to protect against advanced persistent threats.
* Ensure the value of each security tools is being realized by maturing capabilities and features
* Ensure security tools are updated and properly deployed within the environment
* Ensure that existing network security systems within environment comply with company security policies, standards, and procedures.
* Ensure that all bank technology initiatives and projects are implemented in a secure manner.
* Implement technical solutions for requirements supporting GLBA, SOX, FISMA, ISO, PCI, and HIPAA
* Recommend and coordinate the application of fixes, patches, and disaster recovery procedures in the event of a security breach
* Conduct risk assessments, diagnose internet/extranet security issues, intrusion attempts, cyber-crime response, assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests, and vulnerability assessments
* Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts
* Continuously identify gaps in security program coverage.
* Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training.
* Follows all bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training.
* Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Webster corporate culture in all actions and words.
* Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
* Detect and respond to control weaknesses and control issues
* Work closely with Security Architects on projects and initiatives.
* Set user policies & protocols; monitor & enforce them within CIS tools
* Set up countermeasures that protect our systems
* Work with audit & risk teams extensively to create, document KRIs, metrics & identified risks
* Create runbooks and knowledge base guides in confluence for CIS application support and application installations
* Provide the SOC and other consumers of CIS applications up to date functioning tools. This includes ensuring proper life cycle management of CIS application versions as well as agent versions based on vendor best practices.
* Provide superior support and troubleshooting for CIS applications, allowing the SOC the ability to consume, analyze, and most importantly respond without distraction.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
* 7+ years of professional IT experience.
* 3+ years of professional Information/Cyber Security Experience
* Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
* Superior communication and analytical skills.
* One Information/Cyber Security professional certification (SANS, CCIE Security, CCNP Security, CCNA Security or comparable).
*Secure coding practices, ethical hacking, and threat modeling
*Experience in public cloud IaaS such as AWS and Azure
*Knowledge of secure CI/CD pipeline or DevSecOps
*Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go and/or Power Shell
*IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing
*Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
*Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems
*MySQL/MSSQL database platforms
*Identity and access management principles
*Application security and encryption technologies
*Secure network architectures
*Subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and other network routing methods
*Experience with advanced persistent threats, phishing and social engineering, network access controllers (NAC), gateway anti-malware and enhanced authentication.
The estimated salary range for this position is $115,000.00 to $135,000.00. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-1152