Cyber Threat Analyst
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
If you're looking to take the next step in your cyber security career and be part of a dynamic, growing information security program, Webster Bank is the place for you. Information security is a high priority for Webster and we are looking for ambitious, growth-minded professionals to join our team. If you love information security, then we want to talk to you.
The Webster Bank Security Operations Center (SOC) needs people with a passion for information security and a desire to be on the cutting edge. In this role you will be part of a highly skilled close-knit team of analysts responsible for protecting Webster employees and customers from today's advanced cyber threats.
This analyst will be a seasoned IT, or networking professional with training or equivalent work experience in information security, information technology, computer engineering, network engineering, or computer science and ideally will have relevant security credentials such as CCNA Cyber Ops, GCIA, GCIH, or CISSP.
This position is located at Webster's facility in New Britain, Connecticut.
The Cyber Threat Analyst will be a leader within the SOC and will help the SOC manager to mentor less experienced analysts, develop and improve SOC procedures, and communicate with senior managers about security incidents.
The analyst also will perform day-to-day SOC duties at an expert level:
- Analyze and correlate events from diverse network, end-point, application, and security log sources to identify security threats and incidents.
- Respond to incidents and escalate as necessary, according to documented procedures.
- Process and resolve security incident reports received by the SOC.
- Develop signatures and tune security devices to better prevent and detect security threats.
- Monitor and develop cyber threat intelligence to improve Webster's security posture.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Help Webster's security engineering team develop new technology solutions to support SOC needs.
- Help develop and deliver security awareness training and user education throughout Webster.
- Work with Webster's information security architect to design security services and recommend security architecture improvements.
The successful candidate will have, above, all, a strong desire and motivation to learn and continually improve his or her information security skills.
He or she will demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving skills and will be able to act ethically and confidentially, work with minimal supervision and as part of a team, communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, adapt to rapidly changing priorities, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and mentor other team members.
The successful candidate will have experience in SOC operations, security event analysis, and incident response. He or she will be an expert on common cyber threats and attacker tools and techniques and will have a sound theoretical and practical knowledge of current information security tools and technologies such as network access control (NAC), security information and event management (SIEM), network- and host-based intrusion detection systems (IDS), web and email content filtering, data loss prevention (DLP), log correlation and management, vulnerability scanning and remediation, firewall monitoring and optimization, and DDoS mitigation.
The successful candidate also will be familiar with at least some of the following:
- Network communications, infrastructure, protocols, and traffic analysis
- Windows and/or Unix Administration
- Virtualization technologies
- Security engineering including secure system design and security best practices
- Malware analysis and reverse Engineering
- Digital forensics
- Cyber threat intelligence
- Vulnerability assessment and red teaming
- Database Security
Job Reference #: 5000262197406