Cyber Security Architect
Date ActiveJan 19, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Cyber Security Architect will directly support the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and is responsible for providing the highest quality Cyber and Information Technology (IT) security solutions to Webster Bank associates and customers. The primary functions for this position include formulating, designing, and reviewing bank security systems and solutions. Ensure that all bank technology initiatives and projects are implemented in a secure manner.
- MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Describe the key responsibilities of this position in order of importance. Statements should be concise and action- oriented. This job profile is intended to be relatively generic and may be used across the organization. Responsibilities that are attributed only to one incumbent should not be listed unless they are so significant that they create a new position.
* Formulate security architecture recommendations and design security services
* Ensure that existing network security systems within environment comply with company security policies, standards, and procedures.
* Ensure that all bank technology initiatives and projects are implemented in a secure manner.
* Implement technical solutions for requirements supporting GLBA, SOX, FISMA, ISO, PCI, and HIPAA
* Recommend and coordinate the application of fixes, patches, and disaster recovery procedures in the event of a security breach
* Conduct risk assessments, diagnose internet/extranet security issues, intrusion attempts, cyber-crime response, assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests, and vulnerability assessments
* Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts
* Continuously identify gaps in security program coverage.
* Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training.
* Follows all bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training.
* Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Webster corporate culture in all actions and words.
* Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Indicate the education level, previous experience, specific knowledge, skills and abilities required to meet the minimum entry-level requirements for this position. This may include special skills, licenses, certificates, etc.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
* 12+ years of professional IT experience.
* 7+ years of professional Information/Cyber Security Experience
* Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
* Superior communication and analytical skills.
* One Information/Cyber Security professional certification (SANS, CCIE Security, CCNP Security, CCNA Security or comparable).