Credit Risk Review Manager
Date ActiveDec 8, 2022 4:49:23 PM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This position is responsible for supporting the Credit Risk Review function through the assessment, on a loan specific or portfolio-wide basis, of credit quality and corresponding potential loan or other loss exposure for the various loan portfolios and activities which create credit risk. Monitor compliance with, and adequacy of, established business line and corporate policies.
- Conduct credit risk reviews in accordance with CRR policy and procedures. Primary responsibility for managing all aspects of assigned reviews including planning, fieldwork and recommending appropriate ratings and formal recommendations as needed
- Manage reviews/review team on an independent basis; may complete specialized reviews on an individual basis.
- Verify work of other reviewers and assure consistency
- Complete reviews within established time frames
- Maintain specific areas of subject matter expertise (i.e. Commercial Real Estate, Treasury Investments, Commercial Lending) and be responsible for the ongoing education of other department members in these areas.
- Conduct ongoing/continuous monitoring of assigned portfolios per CRR Policy. Evaluate effectiveness of management processes in the various portfolios. Based on results, proactively recommend if change to review frequency is warranted
- Regular interaction with business unit leaders, executive management as well as regulators and auditors.
- As a review participant:
- Use credit and financial information to verify the credit worthiness of existing borrowers. Assess adequacy of current risk ratings and accrual status.
- Assess relationship manager/underwriter compliance with bank policy.
- Verify the adequacy and completeness of credit files.
- Provide consultative feedback to relationship managers and unit managers relative to credit/loan quality issues arising from reviews.
- Responsibility for the development and training of less experienced analysts.
- Capable of being responsible for interim oversight of the Credit Risk Review department in the Director, Credit Risk Review’s absence.
- Assist with the completion of summary reports for executive management and Risk Committee.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience in credit analysis, quality control and/or credit risk review and commercial lending, asset management or/portfolio management.
- Detail oriented and able to work well independently and within deadlines.
- Strong financial statement analysis skills within assigned disciplines with demonstrated versatility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position will be working a Hybrid schedule and can be based out of CT, NY or NJ.
The estimated salary range for this position is $90,000USD to $110,000USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.