Credit Risk Review Manager
Date ActiveMar 23, 2022 1:15:47 PM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
This position is responsible for supporting the Credit Risk Review function through the assessment, on a loan specific or portfolio-wide basis, of credit quality and corresponding potential loan or other loss exposure for the various loan portfolios and activities which create credit risk. Monitor compliance with, and adequacy of, established business line and corporate policies.
- Conduct credit risk reviews in accordance with CRR policy and procedures. Capable of managing all aspects of assigned reviews including planning, fieldwork and recommending appropriate ratings and formal recommendations as needed
- Maintain specific areas of subject matter expertise (i.e. CRE, Treasury Investments, Residential Lending) and be responsible for the ongoing education of other department members in these areas.
- Conduct ongoing/continuous monitoring of assigned portfolios per CRR Policy. Evaluate effectiveness of management processes in the various portfolios. Based on results, proactively recommend if change to review frequency is warranted
- Regular interaction with business unit leaders.
As a review participant:
- Use credit and financial information to verify the credit worthiness of existing borrowers. Assess adequacy of current risk ratings and accrual status.
- Assess relationship manager/underwriter compliance with bank policy.
- Verify the adequacy and completeness of credit files.
- Provide consultative feedback to relationship managers/underwriters and unit managers relative to credit/loan quality issues arising from reviews.
- Assist with the development and training of less experienced analysts.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 5–6 years of relevant experience in credit analysis, quality control and/or credit review.
- Detail oriented and able to work well independently and within deadlines.
- Strong financial statement analysis skills within assigned disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position will be working a Hybrid schedule and can be based out of CT, NY or NJ.