Date ActiveOct 12, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location360 Lexington Ave-NY000
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The primary role of the Credit Analyst is to support Senior Portfolio Managers and Business Unit Head in underwriting credit transactions and portfolio management of the Middle Market Healthcare portfolio relationships (i.e. relationships with businesses having revenues between $10 million and $500 million), which includes preparation of quarterly and annual customer reviews, monitor financial reporting and covenant compliance, quarterly financial spreading and update of portfolio dashboards, preparation of materials for Healthcare quarterly portfolio review, monitor and document internal credit risk ratings, participate in diligence and preparation of underwriting materials for new deal credit approval, prepare marketing materials to support new business development, support general customer requests and other activities. The Credit Analyst will partner with Portfolio and Relationship Managers in effectively delivering a comprehensive suite of banking solutions to Webster clients consistent with the Bank's credit policies and risk appetite.
This is a career development position for a highly motivated candidate to receive critical hand's experience and informal training and the expectation of assuming additional responsibilities over time. The analyst will be expected to assume most of the portfolio management responsibilities of their own portfolio of accounts within 18 - 36 months depending on performance. The expected career path for a strong performer who has developed sufficient expertise in credit and commercial lending can be promotion either through the portfolio management or relationship manager track.
The Analyst will be overseen by a Senior Portfolio Manager and report to the Business Unit Head. The position will interface with customers, senior management, and product specialists and requires the ability to execute well in time-sensitive situations. The successful candidate will excellent analytic, communication and organizational skills.
- Monitor, review and analyze customer financial reporting and review and calculate covenant compliance.
- Review and spread financial statements according to the bank's methodologies and spreading and financial analysis tools.
- Assist in preparation of credit approval documents, annual and quarterly credit reviews, and other related credit products. Over time it is expected that the analyst will be able to generate some of this work product independently.
- Model Project Cash Flows and perform sensitivity analysis.
- Conduct industry research and analysis.
- Participate in preparation and review of legal documentation.
- Maintain credit files consistent with credit policy and integrity of the bank's data systems; perform documentation reviews.
- Manage customer relationships, monitor credit quality and facilitate credit requests.
- Participate in prospect and customer marketing calls and bank meetings.
- Participate in special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Education - BS required preferably in Finance or Accounting. GPA 3.5.
- This is an entry level position however professional or extracurricular experience in banking and finance is a plus.
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Experience with financial modeling is highly desired.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to interface with clients, relationship managers, portfolio managers, credit officers, and senior management.
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects with different members of the business unit simultaneously.