Date ActiveMay 18, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location360 Lexington Ave-NY000
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Reviewing and spreading financial statements using the bank's spreading and financial analysis tools.
- Performing sensitivity analysis and modeling of projected cash flows using Excel.
- Assist in drafting credit approval documents, periodic credit reviews and credit actions, and other credit related work product. Over time it is expected that the analyst will be able to generate some of this work product independently.
- Review, spread and analyze borrowing base certificates, receivables agings and other reporting.
- Calculate and analyze compliance with financial covenants.
- Conduct industry or sector analysis.
- Participate in the preparation and review of commitment letters and legal documentation.
- Support the maintenance of credit files consistent with credit policy, and integrity of the bank's data systems.
- Interface with clients and other banks to facilitate ongoing monitoring of credit quality.
- Participate in prospect and customer calls and bank meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Education - BS in Finance or Accounting required. Minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Experience - This is an entry level position, however professional or extracurricular experience demonstrating an understanding of and familiarity with banking and finance is a plus.
- Excellent analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills are required. Experience with financial modeling is highly desired.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with relationship managers, portfolio managers, credit officers, clients and senior management.
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects with different members of the business unit simultaneously.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20-1255