Compliance Director - Hybrid
Date ActiveJul 5, 2022 4:01:38 PM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Director Corporate Compliance for Webster Bank is responsible for ensuring there is an effective Compliance Management Program in place for one or more Compliance functions and/or disciplines and various regulatory compliance matters. In this position, the Director assists with driving forward the strategic agenda for Corporate Compliance, for fostering and maintaining effective partnerships with internal stakeholders, and for ensuring that Compliance is proactive in its efforts to respond to regulatory trends, direction, and guidance. The Director is responsible for one or several compliance management program components, which include advising the line of business, assessing regulatory compliance risk, and updating training and awareness materials.
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
- Responsible for researching federal and state banking laws and regulations, reviewing the bank’s policies and procedures and disseminating pertinent information to senior management and business units.
- Provide lines of business with compliance guidance and advice for commercial and consumer products and services, including digital products and services.
- Support the development of new or modifications to products and services, including digital services, to identify risks and controls needed for savings and lending products and services.
- Assist with compliance-related requirements stemming from significant new laws and regulations. Duties include conducting impact analysis, identification, and delivery of required training, and writing policies and procedures.
- Review account disclosures, advertisements, and marketing materials to ensure that these materials comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of internal audit reviews and regulatory examinations focused on Compliance.
Education, Experience, Skillset:
- For this position, you must have at least 8 -10 years of cumulative experience in Compliance, Risk, or Audit.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required.
- Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation strongly preferred.
- Broad knowledge of consumer protection laws, including Privacy, and other areas of compliance including electronic banking and digital services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of banking applications and systems, preferred
- Knowledge of banking products and services
- Effective project management and analytical skills
- Effective decision-maker
This position has a hybrid work schedule and can be based in Jericho, NY, White Plains, NY or Southington, CT