Compliance Auditor- REMOTE
Date ActiveApr 5, 2023 1:42:12 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Compliance Auditor is responsible for carrying out audit planning, fieldwork and reporting of assurance and advisory engagements, communicating findings and recommendations to senior management, coaching staff, and staying current on risks and controls specific to set portfolio of responsibilities. In addition, the duties of a Compliance Auditor will require ability to meet pre-established goals, execution of the internal audit department strategy, ability to work as an individual contributor and meet department metrics for assigned engagements. This position provides opportunities for growth and development within the organization.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead engagements and execute testing of the design and operating effectiveness of controls and compliance with laws, regulations, and policies specific to dedicated portfolio elements.
- Identify risks and controls in business processes.
- Prepare and/or review detailed audit documentation.
- Identify and communicate control weaknesses and instances of non-compliance.
- Develop recommendations to improve the control environment.
- Prepare written audit reports and issue rating evaluations.
- Execute validation procedures according to department procedures.
- Participate in day-to-day dedicated audit portfolio management.
- Participate in the department’s semi-annual risk assessment process for dedicated portfolio.
- Monitor business, industry and economic activities for dedicated portfolio.
- Maintain and continuously improve technical auditing, banking industry, and automation (data analytics) expertise.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and contribute to preparation of executive presentations.
- Provides indirect people management responsibilities.
- Contribute to the department’s strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization, analytical and project management skills.
- Six plus years of experience auditing (internally or externally).
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and data analytics tools.
- Experience with Wolters Kluwer TeamMate+ a plus.
- Certification required within 12 months of joining the department, including but not limited to CPA, CIA, CISA, CFA, FRM.
- Experience conducting regulatory compliance audits preferred.
- CRCM certification preferred.
The estimated salary range for this position is $95,000 to $110,000. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-1321