If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Under the general supervision of a SMD, Associate General Counsel, providing legal support to Commercial Bank Lines of Business (LOB) loan and deposit products as well as assist the SMD Commercial Legal Services (SMD) with assigned functions.
This position is responsible for providing legal support to Commercial Bank Lines of Business (LOB) loan and deposit products as well as assist the SMD Commercial Legal Services (SMD) with assigned functions:
- DACA and NDA-requests for exception to standard terms
- Third Party Environmental Phase I report-order and review
- Legal invoice review and processing, including comparison to existing budgets
- Vendor management of environmental firms and approved commercial law firms including LOB survey creation and responses
- Assist Business Credit Center with SNDA, trust documentation, title issues, UCC filings and other commercial loan closing related legal questions
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- 5 years of relevant experience related to commercial loan closing or portfolio management required
- Paralegal certificate required
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented; must have the ability to work independently
- Critical thinking, evaluation and analytical skills
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability
- Additional requirements include: comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft products including Excel and Word, Adobe PDF, Westlaw and the ability to interact with outside counsel in a professional manner.
The estimated salary range for this position is $35.00/hr USD to $45.00/hr USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.