Commercial Loan Servicing Manager
Date ActiveDec 3, 2019 12:02:19 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial Loan Operations, the Commercial Loan Servicing manager will manage the day-to-day operations within the Servicing team of the Commercial Lending Department including oversight of the commercial documentation, administration and overall loan servicing functions in accordance with bank and regulatory policy. The Commercial Loan Servicing Manager will provide ongoing leadership and development of the commercial lending operations staff in order to ensure that all aspects of the respective functions described are fulfilled.
Commercial Loan Servicers work in teams on a shared portfolio with tasks being assigned to each member of the team to service the portfolio. They also work closely with front office, borrowers, agents, and other Corporate Banking departments. The Commercial Loan Servicing manager is responsible for ensuring their team is working closely and effectively with their Commercial Banking partners in the management of their assigned portfolio.
The Commercial Loan Servicing manager may be called upon to provide assistance to the Director of Commercial Loan Operations and other Commercial Loan Servicing managers in the day to day running of the department. Developing relationships with fellow managers and partners within the Line of Business is a key aspect of the role.
The Commercial Loan Servicing manager position is responsible for overseeing the dedicated Commercial Loan processing and other banking services to all syndicated/Agency serviced deals.
Position skill requirements:
- 3-5+ years' experience in commercial loan servicing environment, including interactions with multiple systems (ex. ACBS, reporting tools)
- Prior supervisory experience managing fast paced, high volume servicing area (minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience)
- Foreign currency loan processing experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills especially related to transaction calculation and account reconciliation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to effectively multitask in a fast paced environment
- Superb time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Open to change and ability to influence others
- Ability to deliver Superior customer service to all clients both internal and external, understanding all aspect of loan processing, ensuring requests are processed accurately within established credit guidelines and departmental procedures
- Ability to work and manage within a Metrics driven organization (Results driven)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress toward goals and track activities.
- Strong knowledge of commercial loan documentation
- Strong knowledge of complicated commercial transactions (ex. Syndications, Participations, Capital Markets, Foreign Exchange)
- Ability to interact constructively with auditors, regulators and compliance personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree is required: major in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- May train other team members as needed on departmental policies and procedures
- Receptive to increasing levels of responsibilities and additional process improvement projects at management's request
- Other responsibilities as assigned