Commercial Loan Service Associate - Syndications
Date ActiveDec 23, 2022 11:49:48 AM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
This is an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career in Loan Administration and experience a high performing, team-oriented environment. As a multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail, you will provide dedicated Commercial Loan processing and other banking services to all Syndicated/Agency serviced deals. You will administer functions associated with document review, funding and servicing a portfolio of complex structured syndicated loans. You will also work closely with front office staff, borrowers, agents, and other Corporate Banking departments.
As the Senior Commercial Loan Service Associate (Syndications), you will be responsible for loan servicing activities such as payments, funding, wire settlements and records maintenance. You will deliver on agreed lending/financing services as specified in the executed documents/agreements and ensure all policies, guidelines and standards are met. Keeping up to date with Syndicated Loan products and business processes, including a solid understanding of Credit Agreements, loan funding mechanics, deal structures and flow of funds will enable you to service the more complex deals and transactions. You will address complicated client issues which may require analytical thinking and creative problem-solving capabilities. You will deliver value by maintaining ongoing communications with deal teams and other banking groups regarding any changes or issues to the Loan Agreement or deal structure.
- Deal Administration
- Analyze and interpret complex loan approval and credit agreements and related loan closing documents.
- Understand all aspects of deal/loan administration functions and tasks (Pre-closing, Closing and Post-Closing).
- Construct syndicated and participation deals in Loan IQ system, including amending and maintaining existing deals.
- Loan Servicing Operations
- Coordinate syndicated and participated loan activity, including review of new loan bookings and daily transactions with borrowers, internal partners and other banks.
- Book new loans, modifications, renewals and extensions and rollovers. Research and clear outstanding items in various general ledger accounts.
- Fund the loan according to bank approvals and executed loan documents. Review loan advance requests for accuracy and completion.
- Process payments, payoffs, rate changes and other maintenance related to these transactions as well as non-accrual and charge-off transactions for the complex Syndications/Participation portfolio.
-Review due diligence items associated with servicing requests as they come in for accuracy and sufficiency.
- Review and balance the loan on the subledger.
- Work with multiple business partners to ensure accurate servicing of the loan to include rate changes, payments schedules, etc.
- Serving as an information resource regarding the use of the Loan IQ loan system, troubleshoot issues and errors. Knowledge of ACBS helpful. Monitor systems for problems, manage alerts and system downtime. Work with the Technology Team to identify and implement corrective action.
- Loan Servicing Client-Related Activities
- Respond to complex and varied inquiries and requests from internal and external clients regarding Participation and Syndication servicing issues and GL research requests. Utilize specialized knowledge of these areas as well as applicable internal policies, procedures, systems, laws and regulations to handle escalated situations effectively.
- As the escalation point for complex requests and issues, establish and maintain effective communication, coordination and working relations with internal and external clients and business partners.
- Team Accountability and Special Projects
- Support continuous improvement principles by actively participating in group discussions and process walks, identifying issues/potential solutions, participating in root cause problem solving sessions and recommending improvements to work procedures and other process tools/templates.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members on the administration and interpretation of departmental policies and procedures. Maintain job function procedures.
- Work with other members of the Loan Servicing Team on special projects, initiatives and programs as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all operational controls, regulations, policies, and procedures. Observe security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive information.
- 5+ years of experience in handling complex Commercial Loans, specifically Syndicated Loans (as agent or participant),
- Strong understanding of interest accruals and fee calculations.
- Working knowledge of Loan IQ system as production user. Closing or Servicing experience considered. Knowledge of both is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Commercial Loan Syndication documentation.
- Practical knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Word)
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field, yet a High School Diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
Self-starter and creative problem solver – ability to understand the domino effect when issues occur as well as the ability to think outside-the-box and use resources at hand to get to the bottom of the issue; exceptionally proactive and know how to get in front of problems to contain them.
- Analytical Abilities – Able to synthesize and analyze complex data to identify potential risks and draw meaningful conclusions. Able to provide accurate calculations and reconcile accounts.
- Great Communication Skills – Strong communications, both verbally and written.
Other Attributes – flexible and agile; highly organized; extremely accurate and detail-oriented coupled with the ability to see the broader picture; strong service orientation.