Commercial Financial Analysis
Date ActiveMay 2, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location185 Asylum Street-HF215
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Director, Financial Analysis, Commercial Banking is responsible for the delivery of strategic, analytical, and tactical initiatives and services that support the success and growth of the Commercial Bank.
This position will play a key role in the strategic/ business planning processes while driving implementation of strategic programs sponsored by the Commercial Bank and will lead the reporting standardization and ongoing review of requirements and cadence to create efficient business line scorecards and metrics.
The Director will synthesize and interpret key analytical data and trends, propose required actions/tactics to grow the business, and play a key role in the strategic/ business planning processes while driving implementation of strategic programs.
This position will need to prepare presentations for Executive Management and the Board and interact with Commercial leaders to support their operational and financial matters creating efficiencies and consistent methodologies.
- Provide support to business lines by compiling and analyzing financial data; developing detailed analyses, projections, reports, and presentations that frame go-to-market strategies and initiatives.
- Provide internal analytical consulting support to executive and business unit management to reinvent and optimize performance. Strategically analyze business units across the organization to identify areas of performance improvements.
- Provide thought leadership to support and solve business problems and implement solutions in conjunction with our cross functional partners (i.e. Finance, Continuous Improvement, IT, Operations, HR, Risk, etc.) -- Includes project scoping, design, KPI identification, etc.
- Serve as a point of contact for the Commercial Teams on daily operational and financial matters
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- At least 8 years of relevant and progressive business experience in various corporate finance roles
- At least 4 years of relevant and progressive experience project planning, leadership, and execution; with the demonstrated ability to interact/influence senior management and drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Proven ability to drive complex and often ambiguous initiatives, to drive results
- Demonstrated track record of partnering with and collaborating among cross-functional teams
- Exceptional ability to create and present executive level presentations while adjusting for differing audiences
- Demonstrated maturity and poise-- with the ability to work with senior level executives with a practical, "roll-up your sleeves" style and to employ strict discretion in sensitive situations
- Ability to build strong trusted working relationships with internal and external business customers and senor level management; influencing without authority and managing stakeholder/client expectations
- Excellent MS Office Skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Word