Commercial Deposit Services Specialist
185 Asylum Street-HF215
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Support customer base by maintaining a thorough knowledge of Webster deposit products and services and working with other Webster teams to ensure customers' deposit needs are identified and customers' expectations are met.
- Work with Commercial bankers and their customers to obtain appropriate documentation and quality control prior to performing requested deposit activities.
- Ensure accounts are linked/de-linked to appropriate Cash Management services such as Web-Link and Account Analysis.
- Provide training and ongoing technical support to Commercial bankers and their customers.
- Handle complex deposit customer service issues escalated by Commercial bankers or their customers; document significant issues and keep all parties updated on progress and resolution.
- Distribute and track deposit activities. Tabulate and report findings to management.
- Assist in the development of procedures to standardize deposit account workflows, document systems enhancements, new processes and updates.
- Gather information on specific customer requests and present recommendations for enhancements to management.
- Create and maintain customer files for management and commercial bank review.
- Maintain basic knowledge of Cash Management products and services and pursue appropriate cross-sale opportunities.
- Maintain a current knowledge of corporate compliance, division and department procedures.
- High School/GED required
- Some college preferred -- business or marketing
- 2-4 years of related experience -- in office environment and/or working with customers
- Background in branch and/or operational support units
- MSOFFICE skills preferred -- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Effective customer service skills with a professional and courteous style of communication.
- Effective communication skills with both internal and external customers
Job Reference #: 5000523097806