Commercial Card Sales Officer
Date ActiveMar 15, 2023 1:22:32 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location360 Lexington Ave-NY000
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Commercial Credit Card Sales Officer to support the growth of our commercial credit card portfolio. The Commercial Card Sales Officer expands relationships with existing customers by directing and supporting collaborative sales efforts to grow the commercial card/commercial payments product line. The Commercial Card Sales Officer identifies new-to-the-bank prospects for commercial card and closes on qualified opportunities referred by Treasury Sales officer. May work with other sales personnel, such as Business Development Sales Representatives or Relationship Managers, but primarily drives business through the Treasury Management Sales function. In all cases, there is active, close collaboration with these team members.
Reporting to the The Head of Commercial Card, the Commercial Credit Card Sales Officer is responsible for achieving pre-established, agreed upon annual sales goals for commercial card sales and for supporting the product-line success of commercial card.
- Supports the success of an assigned team of sales personnel (by geography or segment) primarily Treasury Management Sales. May also interface with Relationship Managers and Business Development Sales Representatives.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth of commercial card.
- Actively engages internal personnel to identify prospective clients or segments.
- Actively seeks new to the bank clients for card relationships that can be expanded to other treasury, deposit or lending business (but cannot lead with card).
- Ensures that pricing presented to clients or internal sales stakeholders represents profitable, viable business to the bank, while also directly meeting client needs.
- Acts as a support and education resource for the selling of cards to assigned Relationship Managers, Treasury Sales Officers or other Business Development Managers.
- Lead demand-generating marketing activities in the assigned market for commercial card.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinate the customer involvement of other company personnel when needed, including support resources, team members, and management.
- Uses appropriate client feedback and observed client experience to support the card program value proposition and improve its features and benefits over time to ensure a best in class offering
- Provide timely sales reporting and performance metrics (including deal pipeline reporting, sales, lost business, etc.) including progress against portfolio sales goals/objectives to management.
- Organize, schedule client meetings for and attend appropriate industry conferences or forums where prospective sales opportunities exist. Identify appropriate bank "presence" and annual budget request for conferences and forums.
- Ensures compliance to all industry rules and regulations in the sales process and client engagement, both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years in commercial card sales with a financial institution with a sizeable commercial card portfolio.
- Expertise in corporate card products and knowledge of the payments industry, including experience with credit card products, credit card payment networks and processing expertise are ideal.
- Knowledge of corporate payables, payables systems and accounting packages used in small business, middle market or large corporate environments is highly desired.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) Preferred
The estimated salary range for this position is $190,000 USD to $225,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-1141