Commercial Banking Portfolio Mgmt
Date ActiveFeb 1, 2022 9:55:22 AM
Hours Per Week37.5
Job Description/ Requirements
Webster Bank is looking for a Director, Commercial Banking Portfolio Management, to contribute to the Bank’s overall growth, risk management, and client retention goals. In this position you will provide support and oversee the credit and risk management of a team's loan portfolio. The Director, Commercial Banking Portfolio Management identifies opportunities to enhance the profitability of client relationships, including cross-selling activities for other products and services. You will assist Managing Directors with the management of client relationships and portfolio risk management of the team, while focusing on evaluating/structuring both existing and prospective CRE, C & I and real estate transactions, within established SNB credit risk parameters.
- Oversee preparation of financial analysis and underwriting for new borrowers, as well as annual reviews and routine renewals of maturing and conforming loans; complete new credit offering memorandum and include all data/information requirements up to the executive summary which includes the evaluation and recommendation of credit actions.
- Utilize industry and market contacts to assist the Managing Directors in originating new business opportunities; identify opportunities for cross-sell activities to expand client relationship and enhance profitability.
- Manage financial tickler report, ensuring timely production of request letters, receipt and initial review of required financial information, and advice to lending personnel, as well as production of appropriate file entries or determination of action plans. Maintain appropriate client collateral control procedures, including monitoring the receipt of borrowing base data and compliance. Lead management and facilitation of responses to CEIS exceptions. Develop and utilize expertise with pricing model; run scenarios.
- Support Commercial Banking Relationship Managers with necessary actions required for the preparation and management of Commercial Loan Risk Rating memoranda, Commercial Loan Portfolio reviews, Construction Loan Report reviews, FASB 114 forms, Criticized/Classified reports, and the PIM process.
- Assist with training and professional improvement of the team; provide coaching to maximize achievement of performance expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position you must have 7-10 years of experience in commercial credit analysis and portfolio maintenance.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelors, and/or Masters) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Formal credit training is desired or relevant work experience required.
- Attention to detail for asset monitoring and cash flow loan documentation, diligent and timely portfolio maintenance.
- Strong demonstrated credit, oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of financial modeling.