Commercial Bank Rotational Analyst
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Webster Bank Rotational Program is a two-year program designed to provide participants with progressively challenging work assignments in commercial bank. Program participants will acquire business unit and organizational knowledge, gain exposure to senior leadership, have access to a formal mentor, and accelerate their development at Webster through structured learning programs.
Rotational Program Start Date: July 2024
This posting is for the Commercial track of the Webster Banking Rotational Program may consist of rotations in the areas of:
- Portfolio Management - Commercial Real Estate, Sponsor and Specialty Finance, and Middle Market
- Business Banking Risk/Underwriting
- Commercial Restructure and Recovery
- Capital Markets
- Strategy and Analytics
- Treasury Management
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements for Rotational:
- Recent bachelor’s degree graduate from an accredited college or university in a related field with a desired GPA of 3.5 or higher. Concentration in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar field preferred.
- Interested in the banking and financial services industry.
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Candidates should be able to create and use PivotTables, utilize the VLOOKUP function, and create graphs and charts in Excel. Candidates should be able to utilize PowerPoint to create presentations complete with analytical charts and graphics.
- 0-3 years of prior professional experience or equivalent.
- Ability to interpret balance sheets and income statements - a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to task switch; strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making abilities.
- Must be a flexible, independent team player with a positive attitude and willingness to step-in and provide support as needed.
- Effectively engage and communicate with colleagues while working remotely.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
- Day to day tasks may include performing testing, controls, and procedures on special projects.
- Applicants may be required to complete a case study
The estimated salary range for this position is $75,000 USD to $85,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.