Date ActiveJul 13, 2023 1:45:15 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The successful candidate has already mastered the knowledge and skills necessary to collect on all stages of Residential, Consumer and Business Loan debt, further demonstrating the interest and technical proficiency to lead some of the Collection Team’s shared assignments. In addition to handling their own Collections queue assignments, the Collection Specialist will be assigned one or more of the following functions:
- Default Letters: Assignment, Timely Execution, QC, and Status Reporting
- Litigation Referrals: Assignment, Timely Execution, QC and Status Reporting
- Collections System Queues in MSP & Unisource Monitor status, assigned team members, progress
- Other Queues: TASKS, Voice Mail, CISCO- In & Out Bound, Dept. Outlook Email
- QA of various Group Activities as assigned
- Research accounts cited in internal or external reviews
- May also act as “Shift Lead”, handling one or more of the following functions as assigned:
- Escalated Customer Calls
- Cisco Queue Coverage Monitoring
- Enhanced Skip Tracing
- Validation of Queue Completion
- Cross train-new team members as assigned by area Supervisor or Manager.
- Specialist work product must meet assigned quality & productivity targets and also be compliant with compliant with state, federal, investor and insurer guidelines for debt collection.
- All Collections staff will also comply with the following expectations:
- Collections activity must be entered into the system of record with clear /complete case notes
- Assigned Queues and Campaigns must be completed on time and use all available tools/ channels to secure promise of payment or reach a satisfactory arrangement that cures the delinquency and prevents further ageing,
- All communication must be conducted in a professional, ethical and empathetic
- All efforts must seek Quality Right Party (QRPC) with the Borrower or their Authorized Representative and include:
- Discussion of the financial difficulties causing the delinquency
- Determine the (1) Reason for Default (RFD),
- (2) whether their hardship is temporary or permanent,
- (3) property occupancy status,
- (4) Ability to repay the Delinquency
- In each QRPC, achieve one or more of the following outcomes:
- Collect past due payments
- Accept a Promise to Pay or short- term Repayment plan
- Discuss or recommend alternate options for resolving the Delinquency through Loss Mitigation.
- Institute skip tracing efforts as needed and maintain accurate, complete records of same
- Prepare/mail written Collection communications to the borrowers as assigned, including one or more of the following: Mild, Medium and Strong letters, EIL letters, 45 Day Letters, 60 Day Letters ensuring prompt and accuracy of the communication.
Education/ Skills /Experience:
- High School diploma or GED Required. Associates, Bachelor’s degree or course work in Business, Finance or Accounting, preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to Communicate in a professional and empathetic manner while resolving delinquency.
- 3-5 years of direct collection of residential, consumer and business loan debt in a banking environment. No less than 3 years as a Sr. Collector or equivalent experience required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of the bank’s core lending systems and their related Default applications [MSP, ALS/KO, Signature/UniSource], strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Webster Bank, Investor and Insurer Default Servicing Guidelines and related LM Workflows strongly preferred.
The estimated salary range for this position is $45,000 annual to $63,000 annual. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.