Date ActiveApr 5, 2023 11:43:17 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The incumbent has well developed knowledge, skills, and techniques relative to the collection of past due Residential and Consumer loan products. The incumbent works well with peers and area supervisor in the successful reduction of delinquency for early-stage delinquency (0-89) Incumbent is able to conduct automated and non- automated calling and letter campaigns targeting assigned levels of delinquency. May also be responsible for preparing litigation referral packages and multi-state default preparation.
- Ensure that collection efforts are entered into the servicing system of record in the form of clear concise case notes
- Work assigned call queues and call campaign lists to timely completion, using verbal and written communication channels to secure promise of payments, satisfactory arrangements to cure the delinquency and prevent the further aging,
- Communicate in a professional, ethical and empathetic manner to resolve the delinquency
- Seek Quality Right Party (QRPC) during any established contact with the Borrower and discuss the financial difficulties causing the delinquency to determine: (1) Reason for Default (RFD), (2) whether the hardship is temporary or permanent, (3) property occupancy status, (4) Ability to repay the Delinquency
- In each QRPC, achieve one or more of the following outcomes: Collect past due payments, Accept a Promise to Pay or short- term Repayment plan, Discuss or recommend alternate options for resolving the Delinquency through Loss Mitigation as defined in Job Aid 1.4, Collections Chart for Loss Mitigation discussions.
- Institute skip tracing efforts as needed and maintain accurate, complete records of same
- Handle the mailing of automated written collection communications to the borrowers as assigned, including one or more of the following: Mild, Medium and Strong letters, EIL letters, 60 Day Letters ensuring prompt and accuracy of the communication.
- Prepare and mail periodic non automated collection communications to the borrowers as assigned, including one or more of the following: 45 Day letters packages, State specific Default letters ensuring prompt and accuracy of the communication.
- Handle payment reversals related to drafts and checks returned NSF
- Prepare Litigation Referral packages and perform advanced calling efforts
High School diploma or GED Required
Excellent verbal communication skills
0-4 year’s experience in direct collection of residential, consumer and business loan debt in a banking environment
Candidates with prior knowledge of the bank’s core lending systems [MSP,ALS,Signature, etc] preferred
The estimated salary range for this position is $20.00 HR to $22.50 HR. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22-2310