Cloud Platform Engineer
Date ActiveOct 14, 2021 5:26:41 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Cloud platform engineer is responsible for maintaining, developing, troubleshooting and deploying applications and systems on Webster Bank’s cloud computing environment, specifically AWS and additional public cloud providers selected by Webster Bank. The cloud platform engineer serves as a subject matter expert for developing and deploying applications or systems on IaaS, Paas and hybrid computing environment. Additionally, the cloud platform engineer is responsible for developing and/or deploying to cloud environments with solutions that improve cost efficiencies and operational excellence. The cloud engineer also uses automation of build, using infrastructure as code as the first line of defense in protecting assets and applications deployed primarily to AWS and other cloud environments.
In this role, the individual will work closely within the architecture team and with Software Engineers to define and implement the standards that govern how we design applications for the cloud, how we automatically build, test and deploy cloud-based applications and automate the infrastructure and services that glue our platforms together to allow Webster Bank to efficiently operate our services with high uptime and performance.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
• Develop, design and provide operational playbooks for application migration or greenfield cloud deployments
• Develop, or assist in implementation of hardening AWS services as prescribed by security architects at Webster Bank
• Manage updates and changes within the AWS environment, ensuring applications are up to date with security requirements
• Monito system or application health and usage. Resposble for proposing and implementing changes to improve operational efficiencies
• Addressing break fix issues. Work with AWS and AWS partners to address issues.
• Create cloud infrastructure and configuration as code to automate provisioning and scaling processes using Teraform, CloudFormation, Gitlab and other automation tools
• Develop and leverage AWS tools and services to manage and automate key operations capabilities. This includes AWS Systems Manager, Patch Manager, Cloud Formation and custom scripting to extend the AWS services
• Build application environments and platforms in AWS using techniques and tools to guarantee high availability, reliability, disaster recovery, security and monitoring
• Develop solutions for continuously monitoring and alerting around uptime and performance. Logging and data analysis is the heart of maintaining highly reliable systems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or engineering
• 3+ Years experience with cloud services and software
• 3+ Years with a strong background in application development and deployment
• Automation on CI/CD platforms like GitLab or Jenkins
• 2+ Experience working with AWS managed service solutions such as: VPC, EC2, IAM, S3, ELB, RDS, CloudFormation
• Core competencies include Java/Grails development, RDS implementation and operations, AWS development, application deployment
• AWS developer certification preferred