Client Service Representative
Date ActiveMar 23, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career in the financial services industry and experience a high performing, team-oriented environment. In this vibrant high volume Contact Center, you will build strong and long lasting client relationships by providing quality client service and sales in an effective and highly professional manner.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who will provide service excellence to new and existing clients. Acting as a representative throughout the Client journey, you will listen closely to clients and prospects to understand their financial needs, referring clients to business partners as needed and assisting with transactional inquiries. Your top priority will be to ensure client needs are satisfied with every interaction. You will develop and foster relationships with our clients in order to anticipate their needs, educate clients on the latest benefits of banking with us and deliver on our commitment of delivering extraordinary client service.
As aspects of this role will be comprised of primarily achieving service goals and working in collaboration with financial center, business and private banking teams to ensure that sales and service activities are completed, and that the bank's policies, procedures and controls are implemented to protect the bank against monetary loss. You will support sales initiatives aimed at leveraging products/services to increase deposits, accounts and client relationships through referrals to the various business partners.
- 25% -- Provide sales and service support identifying opportunities through calling campaigns, appointment setting, new client onboarding, introductions, account maintenance functions, wire transfers, stop payments and other banking transactions to increase deposit and client share of wallet growth.
- 25% -- Identify the financial needs of clients by utilizing a needs and service based approach, referring clients to business partners as needed. Present opportunities based on client needs and advise clients in the selection of products and services.
- 25% -- Expand and retain client relationships, actively cross sell and resolve client issues. Support Business and Private Banking clients, both new and existing through bank initiatives that promote growth and sustain profitability objectives. Responsible for client relationship building through sales and services processes outlined in our internal playbooks and utilize the tools provided. Maintain appointment/introduction goals. Increase Client Digital Penetration.
- 25% -- Perform other duties or accountabilities as assigned. Meet and or exceed service, productivity and quality metrics set by department management.
Demonstrate adaptability to new technology. Demonstrate proficiency with all systems, tools, resources utilized daily. Deliver the highest quality service and strengthen client relationships by representing the Sterling Standards of Service with every client interaction.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and manage operational risks. Observe security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive client information.
- At least 2 years customer service banking experience
- One year of demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment preferred
- Extensive practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and extended hours.
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates and/or Bachelors) preferred yet a High School Diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver service excellence and proficient in sales techniques, including telemarketing consulting, prospecting and networking.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of bank products and services as well as the financial services industry.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, experience with outside calling preferred.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish credibility and rapport, excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated math skills with an understanding of debit and credit relationships and negotiable instruments.
- Other Attributes -- flexible and agile; takes initiative and solves problems; decisive; outstanding ability to think outside-the-box and use resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue; extremely accurate and detail-oriented coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
- Candidates must possess the ability to remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.