Business Development Officer - Asset Based Lending
Date ActiveMar 31, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location360 Lexington Ave-NY000
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Acquire new Commercial Banking business and retain existing customers through consultative selling and long-term relationship building. Responsible for meeting budgeted marketing goals through the origination and structure of potential transactions, and the negotiation of these transactions for the purpose of proposal letter execution. Additionally, the New Business Officer is responsible for maintaining and adding to quality contact base, assisting in the closing process when needed and handling administration duties related to the position.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new and profitable business.
- Identify and direct cross selling opportunities within current customer base.
- Execute highly focused prospecting activities.
- Meet individual targeted marketing goals.
- Structure credit solutions for existing and potential customers; advocate customer/prospect position in credit approval process.
- Assist underwriters in the closing process when needed.
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of customer's financial condition and needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Webster products, services, and capabilities.
- Increase awareness of Webster in the market; includes an aggressive calling effort and joining local business organizations.
- Represent Webster in local community.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related field required; advanced degree a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in credit structuring and cross selling.
- Must have Asset Based Lending experience.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate customer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, and communication skills.
- Understanding of regulations governing financial products/services.