Business Development Officer, ABL
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
A Business Development Officer/Asset Base Lending will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and closing new Asset Based Lending opportunities primarily with middle market borrowers in the New England market. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a proven track record of ABL business development and an existing network of referral sources, and key business contacts necessary to be successful in this market. This position can be hybrid or full time remote but this individual must be based in the New England market, ideally in the Boston area, to leverage the Webster brand and work collaboratively with Webster colleagues in that market.
- Develop ABL business within the respective geographic market through combination of key COI’s, Sponsors and direct calling on borrowers.
- Generate and refer non-ABL opportunities to colleagues in other areas of Webster Bank.
- Structure and negotiate credit proposals, work collaboratively with team underwriters to close and fund credit facilities.
- Meet and exceed respective year end goals including total funded volume and various calling and meeting metrics.
- Properly utilize Salesforce as CRM to track deal pipeline, contacts and calling activity.
- Be a champion of Webster in the local market, representing the Bank in the communities we serve.
- Work with the highest ethical standards, and maintain Webster Bank values at all times.
Experience, Education and Skills Required:
- Must a minimum of 12 years ABL experience, including at least 5-7 years of prior ABL sales experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in ABL credit structuring.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate prospect and COI relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of bank regulations governing financial products/service.
- Extensive network of COI’s and prospective borrowers in the New England market
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, accounting, or economics; advanced degree a plus.
The estimated salary range for this position is $200,000 USD to $230,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.