Business Banking Team Leader -NYC/BRONX
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Small Business Team leader will be responsible for leading a team of Relationship Managers, to execute against our strategy, and drive growth throughout the segment. The Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring that the RMs are executing on our small business strategy, by developing new business relationships, and managing a portfolio of relationships within their target markets, to ensure growth in deposits, loans and revenue generating products & services. In addition to leading a team of RMs, The Team Leader will play a critical role in driving segment growth, by personally managing a portfolio of top tier business clients within their markets, that have more complex and diverse business needs. They will work closely with the Market President to help influence strategy and shape the culture throughout the segment. They will also partner with the Consumer Region Managers & Banking Center Managers within their assigned geographies to execute against the consumer segment strategy, in order to deliver an excellent client experience, and drive value to the clients that we serve.
- Oversee the execution of our business segment strategy, by leading a team of RMs to drive growth and profitability for new and existing relationships within their portfolio. Responsible for team & individual execution against targeted growth goals of our core KPIs, in New Business Development, Deposit Growth, Loan production & Treasury Management Fee Income.
- Develop & maintain extensive network of business contacts, COIs, community leaders and other referral sources in order to develop new business and generate revenue. Effectively manage and grow the individual & team pipeline consistent with production expectations.
- Lead weekly and monthly meetings with team to analyze results, review pipeline effectiveness, forecast team’s expectations vs budgets, & ensure execution of overall segment strategy.
- Work closely with Market President & Segment Leader to help shape culture and drive the strategic vision of the segment.
- Develop and present effective credit proposals/memos for consideration. Work with senior leadership and credit to negotiate quality loans within our established policy & guidelines.
- Ensure & uphold operational integrity amongst team by complying with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Candidates must have at least 7+ years’ experience managing business relationships; and 3+ years experience leading a sales team.
- Extensive knowledge of credit, financial analysis techniques & lending policy, with ability to package and present credit deals to segment leadership & credit team. Well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors a plus.
- Proven track record of developing and coaching high performance sales and service teams is preferred.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Proven sales leadership with demonstrated capabilities, expertise in coaching, goal setting, and performance management.
- Experience in development of sales strategies.
- Proven management experience leading multiple teams, offices and staff units to exceed desired objectives in areas including, but not limited to sales, service, quality and operations.
- Exceptional business development skills & Entrepreneurial business management orientation.
The estimated salary range for this position is $ 140,000 to $ 190,000. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.