BSA Model Tuning Analyst
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Webster Bank is seeking a BSA Model tuning Analyst to fulfill the following duties:
The BSA Model Tuning Analyst will be responsible for testing, tuning and calibrating BSA models, identifying gaps within the BSA model program and providing recommendations for remediation. Responsible for maintaining, enhancing and updating program documentation and be responsible for gathering and analyzing technical information.
- Provide BSA alert quality recommendations including robust testing and analysis meeting requirements of Webster's Model Governance Policy
- Provide testing, tuning, calibration and oversight of BSA model components and the overall functioning of the model to ensure it is performing as intended
- Provide recommendations to improve current analysis methodology and incorporate alternative statistical metrics to existing analysis
- Assess potential risk and formulate conclusions on model strengths and limitations;
- Aid in the development of model validation procedures, processes, and testing schedules
- Document model components including inputs, processing, and output/ reporting;
- Perform, coordinate and/or track any outcome analysis and user-acceptance testing as needed;
- Provide testing analysis and documentation needed for monitoring and reporting;
- Continuously develop knowledge of AML/BSA issues and trends;
- Escalate any issues or gaps identified to BSA Management
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree required. Majors in mathematics, statistics, computer science, finance, accounting, business, management, economics preferred
- 3+ years of experience preferred in model management, risk management, AML/BSA, auditing and /or internal controls preferred
- Knowledge of Nice Actimize AML system preferred.
- Knowledge of BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) and AML (Anti Money Laundering) and internal control and risk management concepts.
- Proficient in MS Excel, familiarity with SQL, reporting tools, and database concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and strong analytical and organizational skills.
Job Reference #: 5000424400606