BSA Financial Intelligence Analysts
Date ActiveAug 30, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Webster Bank is seeking a Financial Intelligence Analyst with knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements to fulfill the following duties:
Conduct financial investigations to mitigate regulatory, reputational and compliance risk for Webster Bank, N.A. and its affiliates.
- Conduct financial investigations to mitigate regulatory, reputational and compliance risk for Webster Bank, N.A. and its affiliates.
- Utilizing independent judgment, based upon training and experience, review suspicious transactions referrals from Webster Bank's Lines of Business and internal Anti-Money Laundering/ Terrorist Financing software and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Prepare detailed investigation reports that logically outline investigative steps taken, research completed and recommendations utilizing analytical judgment and knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, recommend if a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- Review of internal account relationship/activities where money laundering or related employee misconduct allegations are possible.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and communicate with Webster Bank's Lines of Business (LOB) to provide guidance with compliance laws and regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations.
- Interpret and maintains a strong knowledge of all current and proposed BSA/AML laws and regulations.
- Manage data collection and quality control of investigative work product.
- Assist in the quality control of Suspicious Transaction Memos (STM).
- Research and support peer bank inquires (USPA 314b requests).
- As appropriate, communicate the results of FIU investigations to appropriate Corporate Executives, including conclusions and recommendations for next steps.
- Preparation of the appropriate management reports summarizing findings and recommendations.
- May act as the representative from the Financial Investigations Unit on the Suspicious Activity Review Counsel.
- Act as a liaison to Law Enforcement.
- May be called to testify in State and Federal civil/criminal court proceedings.
- Work with IT to support software and data needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- College degree or equivalent experience required in compliance, banking, and/or investigations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations and investigations preferred
- Proven ability to work independently in a high volume environment
- Strong analytical, computer, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) preferred