Benefits Plan Analyst
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Benefits Plan Analyst
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
As a Benefits Plan Analyst, you will act as a "subject matter expert" on one or more of the following areas: retirement plans, leave administration, and/or health and welfare benefit plans.
30% Act as subject matter expert on:
Leave administration: FMLA, Safe & Sick Leave, Paid Family Leave (for all states in which Webster Bank has a presence), Parental Leave, Personal leave, Long-term Disability, and Short-term Disability programs.
30% Provide day to day administration of leave management. Where appropriate:
- Work with the vendor regarding receipt of approvals/denials of claims, maintain LOA records and status changes and coordinates return-to-work and accommodation requests. Ensure invoicing/tracking of benefit deductions for colleagues while on leave. Maintain logging/filing system for carrier reimbursements of Disability Leave payments. Reconciles reimbursements and follows up with carrier on issues as required.
- Maintains databases and performs other tasks to ensure the accuracy of the FMLA and leave records and files. Ensures confidentiality of employee medical and leave records.
- Prepare payroll data for colleagues on leave, review and check bi-weekly payroll previews for accuracy of payments to leave colleagues.
- Advise colleagues on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters as needed. Escalate colleague complaints to providers and internal management for issue resolution.
10% Responsible for the COBRA process by working with external COBRA vendor. Lead the annual COBRA annual enrollment process. Enter subsidy information into vendor system as needed and respond to colleague inquiries regarding the COBRA process.
10% Partners with departments within HR to assist with the implementation of policies, procedures and processes to achieve common goals and ensures programs are communicated and are understood by colleagues. Manages and assists in the deployment of Benefits products and services. Assist Benefits Team with reporting and invoicing and other duties as needed.
10% Department Lead for compliance with OSHA regulations. Manages Worker Compensation claims and associated reporting. Assists the Safety Committee with Loss Prevention Procedures, Reporting and Documentation.
10% Analyze leave trends and make recommendations on revisions to leave policies. Make recommendations for improvements in an effort to gain internal efficiencies and enhance the client experience.
- 3-4 years of related Employee Benefits (including Leave Administration) experience is required.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred, but not required.
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s) preferred, High School diploma or GED is required.
- Ability to demonstrate conceptual thinking and have a process improvement focus to workflows.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Ability to interface with all levels of organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and team orientation.
- Ability to handle highly confidential material with discretion at all times.
- Workday experience preferred but not required.
The estimated salary range for this position is $70,000USD to $80,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.