Banking Center Manager
247 Boston Post Road-NH340
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Consistently meet/exceed all sales goals, retention goals and superior service quality (SSQ) standards
- Model and drive team sales behavior consistent with the Webster sales and SSQ process.
- Develop, implement, and manage a detailed business plan using total team involvement and participate in establishing team sales and service goals.
- Utilize and promote with the branch team usage of all available sales tools and resources on a regular basis, and incorporate tools into the defined Sales Process to guide marketing and call plans. Hold weekly conference calls and meetings to review success and challenges.
- Build strong internal/external relationships through ownership of problem solving and follow through.
- Effectively utilize decision/exception tools to support valuable customer retention.
- Ensure excellence in customer service and maintain service quality standards established for service mechanics and attitude.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Webster asset, liability, and partner products and services as well as alternative delivery channels.
- Encourage active team involvement in community events.
- Successfully complete the Business Certification program within 90 days of hire.
- Achieve fluency in all Small Business Specialty product offerings and cross sell products (merchant services, payroll, cash management, etc.) to improve skill level, acquisition and cross-sell.
- Achieve all Small Business sales goals through daily prospecting and consulting with new and existing customers, contacts with formal and informal referral sources, developing/facilitating seminars, and community involvement
- Identify, cultivate and expand key customer relationships through focused sales and referral activity to an assigned Small Business customer base.
- Generate and complete loan packages, by becoming involved in the processing, approval and closing process.
- Work as a team with Business & Professional Banking partners to achieve Small Business relationship development and growth goals and objectives.
- As needed participate in Small Business training to stay current with the specific market trends, and the competitive landscape within your market/region.
- Develop a list of high priority prospects and centers of influence (COIs) within the market area and build relationships for client acquisition and as a consistent referral source.
Leadership & People Management
- Observe, evaluate performance, coach and performance manage the entire branch team in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop a positive and supportive environment within the branch and contribute to creating the same within the market to enable branch staff to maximize their sales, service, financial and operational contributions.
- Establish development goals/plans for self and branch staff by utilizing the Individual Development Plans (IDP's)
- Effectively hold individuals and team accountable to achievement of their sales, service and operations goals.
- Meet/exceed individual development goals and objectives.
- Ensure an effective interview selection process by utilizing available Webster tools and training.
- Develop and coordinate team-training sessions consistent with Webster's sales and service process.
- Responsible for overall communication with the team to ensure that clear and consistent information is relayed to staff on a timely basis.
- Reward and recognize performance of staff utilizing established programs and sources.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Webster and Retail Banking mission, goals, strategies and the roles of key business partners. Ensure same knowledge among staff members.
- Work closely with partners in Human Resources to understand and implement policies and procedures pertaining to team and individual performance in a timely and effective manner.
Operations & Compliance
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as Webster Bank policies and procedures.
- Meet/exceed branch audit and risk assessment requirements.
- Ensure completion of required periodic audits and inventories on a timely basis and in compliance with Webster Bank's policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain effective partnership with Retail Operations Specialist (ROS) to ensure operational excellence.
- Ensure accuracy ratios are met as outlined in the Performance Measurement Reports
- Foster an environment where all staff members participate in the Operations of the branch
- Protect Webster from financial losses
- Ensure 100% completion of compliance training by entire branch team.
- Ensure achievement of year over year profitability through effective management of branch revenue production and profitability.
- Ensure the prevention of fraudulent activities through adherence to bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure fee waivers and rebates are granted within bank guidelines.
- Other duties as required.
- High School/GED Required
- College degree or some college coursework sis preferred.
- 3-4 years customer sales/service experience.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience or successful completion of a Branch Manager Development Program.
- Preferred-Small Business-knowledge of small business loan, deposit and cash management products
- Strong leadership ability.
- Stong customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of sales and relationship building skills.
- Working knowledge of financial statements.
- Demonstrated success in leading, managing, coaching, and motivating.
- Demonstrated success in achieving individual and team goals.
- Foundational knowledge of Retail Banking products and services.
- Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base.
- Comfortable with external sales activities -- demonstrated proficiency preferred.
- Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of computer and processing skills (E-Mail, Intranet, Internet, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Comfortable with emerging technology and use in Retail Branch Banking channel.
- Typical office environment/working conditions
- Ability to travel is necessary. Branch manager are required to spend approximately 50% of their time outside the branch for business acquisition or as required to achieve branch goals.