Date ActiveAug 30, 2021 2:27:07 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Senior or Lead developer for Digital Roadmap (DRM) backends (BE) based on Spring Boot. This new role is critical since the only highly skilled and experienced developers to deliver backends on-spec and on-time are managers and architects who have numerous other roles and responsibilities.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
1. Programming well-designed, well-commented, testable, efficient code that follows specified design patterns and architecture.
2. Develop design documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions.
3. Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain).
4. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
5. Apply security and privacy principles.
6. Building and deploying projects and deliverables to non-production environments.
7. Participate in ad-hoc meetings and agile ceremonies including backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives with the product owner, business owner, business analysts, frontend developers and others.
8. Be immediately responsive to team members when issues, defects or inaccuracies are found within the BE code.
9. Perform demonstrations and actively participate in code reviews periodically (i.e. each sprint).
10. Production and technical support of the BEs upon launch.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
High School diploma required. College degree preferred.
• Expert in Java 1.8, Spring Technologies
• Excellent communication to work directly with product owners, technical leads and Agile team
• Experience in SQL, Git, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins
• Experience in messaging using MQ or Kafka
• Java framework: Spring 5
• Fast-start framework: Spring Boot
• Web/MVC: Spring MVC
• Persistence: Spring JPA
• API Integration: Feign
• Security: Spring Security, JWT, OAuth
• Environment: Linux (CentOS)
• Scripting: Python, Bash
• SCM/Revision Tools: Git
• System/Enterprise Logging: Spring AOP, ELK/Filebeats, Splunk