Audit Supervisor - REMOTE
Date ActiveApr 14, 2022 1:32:57 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Audit Supervisor leads internal audits and external audit direct assistance projects under the direction of the Director and Senior Audit Manager and indirectly oversees Senior Auditors and Auditors. Areas of focus include Finance (Accounting, Treasury, Financial Planning) and Commercial Banking.
- Identify risks and controls in business processes.
- Execute testing of the design and operating effectiveness of controls and compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Identify and communicate control weaknesses and instances of non-compliance.
- Develop recommendations to improve the control environment.
- Prepare detailed audit documentation.
- Prepare written audit reports and issue rating evaluations.
- Monitor business, industry and economic activities and maintain audit universe record risk assessments.
- Maintain and continuously improve technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with senior line of business contacts and external auditors.
- Participate in developing Senior Auditor and Auditor technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
- Participate in day-to-day audit portfolio management.
- Contribute to the department’s strategic initiatives.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; other relevant Bachelor’s degrees will be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization, analytical and project management skills.
- At least six years of experience auditing (internally or externally) publicly owned financial services companies.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and data analytics tools.
- (One or more of) CPA, CFA, FRM, CIA required.
- Skillset and/or interest in credit risk analysis and financial modeling preferred.
- Banking experience preferred.
#LI - REMOTE