Audit Analytics Intern
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Position Summary -- Audit Analytics Intern
Internal Audit is a team of dedicated professionals with diverse backgrounds and expertise who provide value by maintaining collaborative partnerships and promoting a strong control environment that supports risk management and business success.
The Audit Analytics Intern will provide analytics support for the audit team by assisting with analytics work in direct support of audits, ad-hoc analytics requests, and strategic initiatives.
- Meet with auditors to gather requirements and develop a plan for analytics support.
- Obtain data, complete validation techniques, and cleanse/manipulate as needed.
- Perform agreed upon work and prepare detailed documentation.
- Create automated solutions for repeatable analytics work.
- Assist with the completion of strategic initiatives to help mature the department.
- Develop introductory training materials for analytics tools and techniques.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university who is pursuing a degree in Data Science, Management Information Systems or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field
- Outstanding academic performance, with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 required
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week for 10 consecutive weeks
- Internship, seasonal/part-time work, campus involvement or other relevant work/leadership experience
- Coursework and/or experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint required
- Coursework and/or experience using data analytics tools such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, VBA, Java, Python, R, IDEA or ACL preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Maintain a passion for excellence with high integrity and a commitment to quality
- Problem Solving; someone who is naturally curious, who can find creative solutions to effectively address auditor needs
- Adaptability; need to be able to work in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities, must be detail oriented with a systems mindset, and have strong project management / organizational skills
- Initiative; make continuous progress on the things that matter without specific instructions; find more effective or efficient solutions to existing problems
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 5000467118006