Date ActiveJan 26, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location500 Boylston St-MAS10
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Sponsor and Specialty Group represents a distinct group within Webster's Commercial Bank and has been a significant contributor to the bank's strong growth over the past 5+ years. The Sponsor and Specialty Group provides cash flow based, senior secured financing solutions, typically to middle market companies backed by private equity Sponsors. The Sponsor and Specialty
Group is divided into a number of specialty verticals including T&I, Healthcare, Aerospace & Defense, Environmental and Generalist. The T&I group focuses on the Software, Tech-Enabled Services, Data Centers, IT Infrastructure, and Cable end-markets among others.
A specialized team of approximately 20 dedicated investment professionals, the T&I group prides itself on maintaining an atmosphere that encourages teamwork, self-empowerment, and work/life balance. As an Analyst within the T&I group, you will be given the unique opportunity to work with many different professionals who have diverse backgrounds and varying industry expertise (a typical deal team includes an Analyst, Associate, Vice President, and Managing Director).
Additionally, you will be given the opportunity to interact with the bank's senior credit officials, private equity Sponsors, company management, and other industry partners (e.g., law firms, accounting firms, industry experts, etc.). Overall, you will be an integral member of the team that is primarily responsible post-closing portfolio management.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Portfolio Management for ~10-15 Existing Borrowers:
- Monitor a borrower's financial performance trends and liquidity via the review and entry of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements into the bank's internal portfolio management software.
- Review quarterly compliance certificates to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Engage with borrowers' CFOs (or similar position) to get more qualitative updates on performance.
- Listen to annual or other interim lender update calls and ask questions, when appropriate.
- Maintain borrower credit files.
- Ensure appropriate borrower risk rating.
- Prepare internal quarterly, semi-annual and/or annual review memos.
- Present internal portfolio review memos to senior credit executives at semi-annual review meetings.
- Work with the underwriting deal team to execute all amendments/waivers for existing borrowers.
New Deal Underwritings:
- Support lead underwriter on deal diligence.
- Review data room materials and all third-party reports.
- Build the projection model.
- Prepare internal credit approval memos.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of all material sections of legal documents.
- Manage loan closing process.
- A BS/BA, preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related business field
- 2-4 years of work experience in an Accounting/Finance/Banking-related position (or a Master's degree and 1-3 years)
- The ability to answer unstructured business questions and work independently to drive tasks to completion
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with financial statements
- Ability to work well with others and on teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Tech industry experience at an investment bank or other institution
- Received or is in the process of achieving either the CFA or CPA professional certifications
- Experience working on leveraged loan transactions
- Graduate of a formalized credit training program
- Financial modeling experience