Associate SOX Auditor
132 Grand Street-NH513
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Associate function executes the SOX work streams in the testing phases of the 302/ 404 phases of assessment supporting management's certification. This includes performing walkthroughs, documentation construction, RCM development and test execution. In addition, this role requires continuous development and an understanding of auditing standards and Sarbanes Oxley compliance requirements.
* Develop and maintain a business network within assigned area of responsibility.
* Assist in the validating current state business processes
* Document process flows
* Request and organize source documentation
* Execute financial control testing.
* Validate test exceptions
* Document SOX work papers
* Address review notes
* Execute remediation activities
* Execute SOC I reviews
* Participate in the management self-certification process
* Support SOX Office administrative functions and requirements.
* Participate as an integral part of the team, exhibiting ownership, follow-through, initiative,
and effective communication.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field.
* 2 - 4 years of relevant experience, including SOX testing.
* Experience with and strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint.
* Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management and analytical skills.
* Understanding of risk vulnerabilities, mitigation strategies and basic audit techniques.
* CPA, CISA or other relevant certification preferred.
Job Reference #: 5000217083006