Associate Portfolio Manager, Middle Market
Date ActiveApr 12, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location100 Franklin Street-MASU2
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Provide portfolio management support for the team's portfolio of commercial banking credit account relationships, including preparing Sageworks workflows, underwriting and compliance documents, and coordinating loan closings with Commercial Loan Operations Pre-Closer as assigned by Team Leader and/or Region Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver solid credit execution including prudent, sound and timely completion of all underwriting and portfolio management requirements within an assigned middle market portfolio
- Under general supervision, produce interim & annual reviews and underwriting documents for new/incremental business. Thoroughly identify and analyze all risks and mitigating factors, identify variances to policy/procedures and assign accurate risk grade with appropriate justifications. Ensure the timely completion of renewals, annual reviews, and interim analyses as assigned by Team Leader and/or Region Manager
- Work collaboratively with Portfolio Managers and Risk Management on underwriting and credit approval matters
- Participate in prospect & customer meetings and internal deal screen & approval discussions as assigned by Team Leader and/or Region Manager
- Support a strong risk culture for Webster Bank by conducting day-to-day business in compliance with laws and regulations, internal policies and guidelines and proactively identifying, communicating, and addressing issues warranting attention.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Formal Credit Training preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in Commercial Banking