Associate Member Services Financial Ops
Date ActiveMar 8, 2023 9:59:39 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location605 N 8th St. STE 320-WI101
Job Description/ Requirements
At HSA Bank, we're working toward a world where everyone is confidently engaged with their health and wealth. We are devoted to delivering an outstanding user experience and our offerings in the healthcare savings space drive down healthcare costs, increase access, and assist with decision-making for individuals, employers and partners. Plan Administrative Services and Benefit Services are administered by Webster Servicing LLC. To learn more, visit .
Are you ready to join us?
To provide world-class customer service to our accountholders through performance of complex Member Services functions including but not limited to processing of ACH origination/receipt; ACH returns/NOC’s; NSF, inclearing, return and forward cash letters; check adjustments; statement processing; research requests; file processing; SOX testing; year-end tax processing; and performing complex reconciliations. Additionally, this role includes training, troubleshooting, research and quality control checks. Maintain compliance with Federal and State regulations, NACHA rules and regulations as well as Webster/HSA Bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed individual performance goals, service level objectives, and demonstrate operational excellence. Proven proficiency in all major skill sets. Support continuous improvement efforts and demonstrate self- motivation, flexibility, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Process and oversee complex ACH origination/receipt; ACH returns/NOC’s research requests; NSF, inclearing, return and forward cash letters; check adjustments; statement processing; research requests; file processing; SOX testing; year-end tax processing; and performing complex reconciliations in a responsible, timely and accurate manner.
- Perform rotation of daily tasks and help co-workers with tasks as needed to evenly distribute workloads. Prioritize and perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Periodically perform daily tasks remotely if necessary.
- Perform accountholder and business partner outreach to resolve returned transactions or processing issues.
- Create, take ownership of and make changes to departmental procedures. Communicate changes and reinforce operational policies and procedures to the team effectively and efficiently.
- Resolve problems on a case-by-case, customer-by-customer basis which may include policy, procedure, process, compliance and risk assessment.
- Work with strict hourly and daily deadlines to ensure funds are sent to the Federal Reserve on a timely basis.
- Assist in training of Member Services Coordinators. Available resource to the immediate Member Services team.
- Perform quality monitoring of Member Services Coordinators’
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) by understanding, articulating, and implementing best practices for the processes and procedures the team is responsible for. Participate in projects and testing as required.
- Research and respond appropriately to interdepartmental and business partner inquiries regarding employer groups and consumers. If inquiry is outside the department, reassign inquiries to correct department(s) using available resources.
- Take ownership of escalated issues and report systems or policy issues to appropriate parties.
- Act as an advocate for the customer by submitting feedback through appropriate channels.
- Consistently meet/exceed all customer service standards
- Model behavior consistent with Webster’s values, policies and procedures.
- Lead team meetings/huddles and promote a continuous improvement culture for the team.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- High School / GED required.
- Continuing education in Business or Finance desired.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in banking or financial services industry
- Transaction processing and knowledge of compliance policy and regulations
- Experience in balancing and account reconciliation preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel required (create macros and edit formulas, copy, and paste data, sort, perform formatting, rename a file)
- Proficiency in 10-key
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses the ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality of company and customer information.
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability. Handles day-to-day challenges confidently and willing to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use a variety of technologies and software programs
- Demonstrates ability to think critically
- Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success
- Ability to remain organized, motivated, and self-disciplined when working remotely
Licenses / Certifications:
- ACH Certificate desired
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Typical office environment / working conditions
- Must remain at workstation for long periods of time
- Heavy keyboard/mouse usage required (repetitive movements)
- Non-Standard 40 Hours, 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday. Ability to work a rotating shift of tasks between the hours of 4:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (varying start times of 4:0m. – 9:30 a.m.).
- Overtime hours will be mandated as necessary.
- Travel to alternate office location on occasion to assist with training
- Paid Time Off (PTO) approval is limited to one person at a time
- Remote processing may be required to support business needs. Mobile equipment will be provided. Internet access is the responsibility of the employees.
The estimated salary range for this position is $39,600.00 USD to $48,400.00 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-1196