Associate Institutional Services Officer
185 Asylum Street-HF215
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Under the guidance of respective Sr. Institutional Fiduciary Services Officer in Webster Private Bank, provide superior client service and account management through a high touch relationship that encompasses administration and fiduciary oversight for institutional clients.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide both pro-active and reactive service to clients by anticipating their needs, and responding to their inquiries on a timely basis. Communicate clearly and effectively and follow-up on outstanding items related to client requests and the overall administration of client accounts.
- Maintain on-going relationships with clients, third party administrators and related professionals connected with client accounts.
- Provide effective and timely support on projects and more complex accounts. Monitor all assigned accounts in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Conduct account research for tax preparation analysis, process vendor payment authorizations, periodic and lump-sum retirement plan distributions, incoming contributions and transfers, resolve remittance, income collection, tax withholding and securities transfer issues.
- Facilitate internal service coordination to resolve issues and respond to client requests.
- Interpret and implement requirements of trust and plan documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare summary reports and accountings for distribution.
- Initiate and authorize distributions from accounts and control account cash requirements. Requests trades/transfers of funds to raise necessary cash.
- Participate in prospect and client meetings, promoting the services and capabilities of the Private Bank.
- Responsible for maintenance of data on various bank systems.
- Performs special projects as needed
- BS Required and knowledge of fiduciary/institutional services
- At least three years of experience within an Institutional, Trust or Wealth Management environment
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and responsiveness to client needs
- High level of problem solving and ability to deal with sensitive issues and clients
- Ability to handle confidential matters judiciously
- Knowledge of the interpretation and application of trust and plan documents
- Detailed oriented and accurate
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Microsoft Office with advanced Excel and Word skills
- Knowledge of trust accounting and retirement payment systems
Job Reference #: 5000305658806