Associate Fiduciary Services Officer
123 Bank Street-NH500
- Provides both proactive and reactive service to clients, by anticipating their needs, and responding to their inquiries in a timely basis. Provides effective and timely support to officers on projects, and more complex accounts. Monitors all assigned accounts in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Conducts account research for tax preparation analysis, preparation of payment authorizations and income accruals, resolving remittance, income collection, tax payment and securities transfer issues. Gathers data from clients, other departments, and other banks for analysis.
- Prepares summary reports and accountings for distribution payouts, discretionary and guardian ad litem payments, tax preparation analyses and resolution of account transaction issues.
- Resolves standard account transaction issues and recommends action/changes which have significant impact to client account. Ensures timely, accurate adjustments.
- Determines and authorizes payment of bills from account income or principal. Requests trades/transfers of funds to raise necessary cash.
- Prepares detailed discretionary actions to be brought before the Discretionary Committee ( if required ) in a timely manner and prior to the disbursement of funds. Assist fiduciary team in the preparation of specialty reports for use in client meetings and sales presentations.
- Provide effective and timely support to senior level officers in regards to projects and/or more complex accounts.
- Scan all pertinent documentation into document-imaging system as required by record retention guidelines.
- Minimizes overdrafts, as measured by periodic overdraft management reports.
- Maintains the integrity of all trust files and underlying systems.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Responsible for maintenance of data on various bank systems.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of professional experience, preferably in a fiduciary setting.
- CTFA and/or CFP designation a plus.
- Knowledge of Federal/State tax, probate or estate laws and regulations a plus.
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and responsiveness to client needs
- High level of problem solving and ability to deal with sensitive issues and clients
- Ability to handle confidential matters judiciously
- Knowledge of the interpretation and application of trust documents
- Detailed oriented and accurate
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Microsoft Office with advanced Excel and Word skills
- Knowledge of trust accounting systems