Associate Enterprise Risk Analyst
Date ActiveMar 28, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Position supports management of the Enterprise Risk Management program in developing the company risk profile, identification of significant risks, risk tolerance, and risk response strategies/actions, risk oversight and policy matters.
- Assists the ERM Manager in execution the following programs:
- Risk Appetite -- Analysis and quarterly monitoring
- Enterprise Risk Assessment -- Coordinate templates, meetings, documentation, and reports for enterprise risk
- Issue Management -- Assist with monitoring, analysis, and administration of program requirements.
- Responsible for Issue Management program administration including, monitoring, reporting, follow up, and primary user contact.
- Reviews key performance indicators/metrics, monitors control, exams, and external events to assist management in reporting on the early identification of risk trends.
- Works across the organization and with Enterprise and Operational risk teams to obtain data, commentary, analysis, and understanding of existing and emerging risks.
- Stays abreast of regulatory expectations regarding Enterprise Risk Management/ Risk Management oversight and assists with examination preparation.
- Provides support for special projects and initiatives as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills Required
- BS in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Up to 2 years relevant experience in the financial services or related industry with responsibilities related to risk management or oversight required.
- Advanced PC/system skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Understanding of operational risk, related control frameworks and practices (such as COSO), and regulatory requirements is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of banking operational processes and/or experience preferred.
- Ability to partner effectively across the organization and develop positive working relationships.
- Able to manage and execute multiple complex projects within required timelines and expectations required.
- Ability to work independently in a continuously changing environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Inquisitive nature, resourcefulness, and ability to seek out information.
- Energetic and positive outlook.