Associate Database Administrator
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Associate Database Administrator:
Working knowledge of SQL and ETL processes, DB performance tuning, table partitioning, shell scripting. Provide Operational support for the Database and DW applications, including quarantine maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring and resolving bugs and production issues in a timely manner. Demonstrate working proficiency with data reporting, data discovery, metadata management, and data services. Demonstrates understanding of data warehousing principles and processes including data modeling, logical and physical database design, transformation and loading. Contributes to the designs, profiles, develops, and tests data engineering solutions using a single ETL tools that move data from disparate source/target systems and the enterprise information repositories. Demonstrate working knowledge with data modeling concepts and tools to model and implement data access layers for reporting, data discovery, metadata management, and data services.
Is responsible for SQL Server & Oracle database administration including support, upgrades, monitoring and security of the database infrastructure. Proven ability to maintain the highest standard of data security and confidentiality. The administrator will manage and improve the health, availability, reliability and scalability database instances in a 24X7 environment hosted on premise and the cloud.
- Partner and complete Database related tasks and initiatives
- Experience with Installation of Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Support database utilities and automated reporting
- Create and/or run shell scripts for task automation
- Create, test and execute data management languages
- Monitor systems and platforms for availability.
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
- Assist in recovery corrupted databases
- Install and test upgrades and patches
- Implement and maintain security and encryption
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
- Ability to work off hours as needed
- Responsible for database operating compliance
- Contribute in defining and developing documentation while operationalizing standard procedures.
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- 1 to 2 years Database and Application administration experience.
- 1 to 5 years of Cloud applications
- Knowledge of patching, upgrading and cloning Oracle Database and/or Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS).
- 1 to 5 years of relevant experience in 24x7, mission-critical settings
- Hands-on support, monitoring, deploying, security, monitoring, performance and troubleshooting SQL Server and Oracle Databases
- Ability to plan, communicate, perform and verify production changes
- Knowledge of On-premise and Off-premise Database and Application administration
- Understanding of technical aspects of database security, enterprise backup and restore, and replication strategies
- 1 to 5 years of Cloud applications