Associate Cyber Threat Analyst
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Associate Cyber Threat Analyst
If you are looking to take the next step in your cyber security career and be part of a dynamic, growing information security program, Webster Bank is the place for you. Information security is a high priority for Webster and we are looking for ambitious, growth-minded professionals to join our team. If you love information security, then we want to talk to you.
The Webster Bank Security Operations Center (SOC) is looking for an individual with a passion for information security and a desire to be on the cutting edge. In this role, you will be part of a highly skilled and close-knit team of information security professionals responsible for protecting Webster employees and customers from todays advanced cyber threats.
The ideal candidate for this position has a firm understanding of information technology, including operating systems, networks, software, and hardware. The candidate is deeply passionate about cyber security and enjoys building things, breaking things, and figuring out how they work. Relevant certifications and college degrees are a plus, but what really sets the ideal candidate apart is the ability to demonstrate their passion for information security through their personal projects and activities such as CTF competitions, security research, and self-directed learning. If you have been looking for an environment where your coworkers are as passionate as you are, you will find it at Webster.
This position is located at Webster's facility in New Britain, Connecticut.
The Associate Cyber Threat Analyst will provide security services such as vulnerability scanning, event monitoring, security alert investigation, and incident response as part of our Network Security Monitoring team.
The analyst will be provide professional execution of day-to-day SOC duties:
- Analyze and correlate events from diverse network, end-point, application, and security log sources to identify security threats and incidents.
- Respond to events and escalate as necessary, according to documented procedures.
- Process and resolve security event reports received by the SOC.
- Develop signatures and tune security devices to better prevent and detect security threats.
- Monitor and develop cyber threat intelligence to improve Webster's security posture.
- Work effectively with IT and non-IT staff to improve Webster's security posture.
- Conduct vulnerability scans and assessments.
- Identify and differentiate between malicious and benign activity.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Help Webster's security engineering team develop new technology solutions to support the SOC.
- Help develop and deliver security awareness training and user education throughout Webster.
- Work with Webster's information security architect to design security services and recommend security architecture improvements.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a strong desire and motivation to learn and continually improve their information security skills.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving skills (Metacognition)
- Demonstrate the ability to act ethically and confidentially at all times
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
- Demonstrate the ability to communication clearly and effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and support multiple projects simultaneously
The successful candidate will have experience in or a functional understanding of SOC operations, security event analysis, and incident response. They will have a strong understanding of common cyber threats and attacker tools. They will demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge of current information security tools and technologies such as network access control (NAC), security information and event management (SIEM), network and host-based intrusion detection systems (IDS), web and email content filtering, data loss prevention (DLP), log correlation and management, vulnerability scanning and remediation, firewall monitoring and optimization, and DDoS mitigation.
The successful candidate also will be familiar with at least some of the following:
- Web Application Security
- Network communications, infrastructure, protocols, and traffic analysis
- Windows and/or Unix Administration
- Virtualization technologies
- Security engineering including secure system design and security best practices
- Malware analysis and reverse Engineering
- Digital forensics
- Cyber threat intelligence
- Vulnerability assessment and red teaming
- Database Security
Job Reference #: 5000330331406