Anlst, Corporate Accountant
Date ActiveAug 21, 2023 4:28:52 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Primary responsibilities for the Senior Accountant role will include supporting the month-end close, preparation of general ledger reconciliations and researching and clearing reconciling items. In addition, this role will perform analysis and reporting functions for assigned areas of responsibility and identify process opportunities within their scope of assigned work.
Experience, Education and Skills required:
- The Senior Accountant role requires an individual with:
- Accounting degree (or related experience)
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in the banking industry.
- Working knowledge of basic US GAAP concepts required.
- The individual for this role must possess good analytical skills, be inquisitive and understand the importance of maintaining a strong control environment.
- The ability to evaluate existing processes and identify process changes to enhance efficiencies and controls is a plus.
The estimated salary range for this position is $65,000USD to $80,000USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.