Analyst Commercial Credit
Date ActiveJan 10, 2023 2:22:59 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location157 Church St-NH400
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses, and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This Is What You Will Do (Position Summary)
At Webster Bank, our financial intermediation activities are organized broadly around three distinct lines of business: the Consumer Bank, the Commercial Bank, and HSA Bank.
This position will be aligned with the Commercial Bank.
Commercial Banking delivers solutions to a wide range of companies, investors, government entities, and other public and private institutions. We help our clients achieve their business and financial goals through our deep expertise in Commercial & Institutional Lending, Commercial Real Estate, Capital Markets, Capital Finance and Treasury Management. Our Wealth Management team pairs holistic wealth solutions, including tailored lending, with commercial banking services, helping our clients achieve their financial goals.
The Credit Analyst role will work within the Commercial Banking Middle Market division and will partner with portfolio and relationship managers to assist in (i) underwriting new commercial loans for private and publicly owned businesses and (ii) the ongoing portfolio management of existing lending relationships. Responsibilities will include conducting underwriting due diligence, financial analysis of borrowers and guarantors, preparation of quarterly and annual credit reviews, monitoring covenant compliance, risk ratings and credit quality of the portfolio, and other activities in support of the region's overall goals.
This position will acquire business unit and organizational knowledge, gain exposure to senior leadership, and accelerate their development at Webster through formal and informal training programs.
You Will Be Responsible For (Major Duties and Responsibilities)
- Reviewing and spreading financial statements using the bank's spreading and financial analysis tools.
- Performing sensitivity analysis and modeling of projected cash flows using Excel.
- Assist in drafting credit approval documents, periodic credit reviews and credit actions, and other credit related work product. Over time it is expected that the analyst will be able to generate some of this work product independently.
- Review, spread and analyze borrowing base certificates, receivables agings and other reporting.
- Calculate and analyze compliance with financial covenants.
- Conduct industry or sector analysis.
- Support the maintenance of credit files consistent with credit policy, and integrity of the bank's data systems.
- Interface with clients and other banks to facilitate ongoing monitoring of credit quality.
- Participate in prospect and customer calls and bank meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in special projects on an as-needed basis.
You Will Need To Have (EDUCATION, EXERIENCE & SKILLS)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; courses in accounting and finance field preferred
- Experience: 1-3 years of prior professional experience or equivalent; professional or extracurricular experience demonstrating an understanding of and familiarity with banking and finance is a plus.
- Excellent analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office suite – including Excel and PowerPoint; experience with financial modeling is highly desired.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with relationship managers, portfolio managers, credit officers, clients, and senior management.
- Locations: Connecticut: New Haven, Stamford, Hartford; Rhode Island: Providence; Massachusetts: Boston
The estimated salary range for this position is $75,000 USD to $90,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.