Manager of Procurement - Strategic Sourcing
145 Bank Street-NH501
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Job Title: Head of Strategic Sourcing Procurement
This position provides leadership to the Strategic Sourcing Procurement Team reporting directly to the SVP, Chief Procurement Officer.
S/he is responsible for leading the development and implementation of progressive procurement strategies that deliver advantaged economics, controlled capital and expense costs, industry-leading innovation and quality in the procurement of all goods and services all of Webster Bank's Lines of Businesses (LOB) in a decentralized third-party (vendor) management organizational model.
The role will partner with Lines of Business (LOB) and corporate shared services teams to achieve Best in Class (BIC) Strategic Sourcing Procurement practices. This role,
- Must champion and socialize productivity and TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) principles to all key LOB stakeholders, cultivate LOB capability and understanding, and support project teams in business case development to ensure LOB and Corporate alignment with financial goals.
- Requires superior strategic sourcing acumen and practice in 7-Step Methodology. Deep category experience in hardware, software and emerging technologies is preferred in order to "lift and adapt" best practices across the enterprise.
- Requires advancing Webster Bank's Procure-to-Pay processes and technologies and bringing best-in-class practices suitable for Webster Bank's size and future desire for growth (experience in actual implementations or conversions is preferred).
- Is charged with incorporating the use of KPIs and management tools which advance Webster Bank's capability to benchmark, track best practices and drive a stream-lined focused and agile process that accelerates and maximizes total cost of ownership, execution and responsible third-party management. This is achieved by leveraging team talent and/or technologies while ensuring safety and soundness of Corporate Procurement and Enterprise goals.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate influence and "bring others along".
- Requires management of two direct reports (and an indirect network of relationship managers who need to contract with third-parties). Requires developing team members through day-to-day support and engagement in individual development and career plans.
- Must embody Webster's core values, taking responsibility for meeting customer's needs, respecting the dignity of every individual, earning trust through ethical behavior, giving of ourselves in the communities we serve, and working together to achieve outstanding results
- Undergraduate degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Finance and/or Business required. MBA or graduate degree in related field preferred.
- 10+years of related experience in and with Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, eProcurement or Procure-to-Pay processes and technologies, Financial Services. Preferred experience with technology platform and related services negotiations.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in negotiating complex contracts and supplier execution.
- Advanced analytical skills with thought leadership to drive strategy development and execution
- Deep expertise in financial business case analysis and cost modeling
- Thorough knowledge of strategic and tactical project management concepts, methodologies, tools, standards and procedures
- Strong alignment skills with the ability to communicate vision and gain alignment with senior management both internally and externally
- Proven decision-making, problem solving skills, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
Internal Customer Relationship Management/Expert
Internal Customer Service/Expert
Group Problem Solving/Advanced
Business Financial Knowledge/Advanced
Microsoft Office Suite/Advanced (Excel, PowerPoint)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online