IT Incident Manager
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Incident Manager is responsible for the effective implementation of the Incident Management process and carries out the corresponding reporting. The Incident Manager represents the first stage of escalation for Incidents, should these not be resolvable within the agreed Service Levels.Oversee and coordinate the delivery of a segment of IT Infrastructure services or process framework to meet the operational needs of business units within Webster. Establish and refine service delivery metrics, processes, procedures, documentation, and reporting in developing and maintaining a consistent high service level performance. Evaluate customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes and drive those improvements to value realization. Mentor and develop reporting staff to create and maintain a high performing team.
* Communicate Major Incident events
* Generates Incident Reports
* Manages the Incident weekly meetings
* Works with the Process Owners to implement, maintain, and improve the Incident Management Process
* Ensures Incident Management staff is sufficiently trained in ITIL, ITSM and Incident Management processes, procedures, updates, etc.
* Ensure best use of IM tools and technologies
* Provide centralized management of Service Management Incident Management.
* Determine which Incidents presented are potential problems, and consider them for further Problem Advisory Board (PAB) consideration.
* Determine which Incidents will be placed into Holding/Pending for possible future investigations.
* Provides updates to and generation of articles for the Knowledge Base.
* Works with Problem Manager to improve the interface and relationship between the Incident and Problem processes.
* Meet weekly to review outstanding tickets and status, plus review new submissions from the previous week
* Rank incidents based on severity (priority, impact and urgency)
* Will be authorized to call on tactical teams (single or cross-group) to help troubleshoot and resolve problems based on severity
* Review Incident Management Reports for new Incidents, problems on hold/pending, etc.
* Review Incidents brought into the group from their Support Groups.
* Review incidents and assign Priority and Impact categories.
* Discuss resources, tasks, schedule, etc.
* Review status of ongoing investigations.
* Re-prioritize, reassign, escalate, etc. as appropriate.
* Update the affected Tickets and other related documentation.
* Proactive Incident Management
* Conduct Trend Analysis
* Institute monitoring of pass high failure items
* Investigate Other Sources of Data
* Discuss and determine what steps and processes should be improved.
* Update Incident Management procedures as necessary.
* Generate Reports based on Incident Management Requirements
Requirements * EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* A minimum of 5 years progressive Incident Management experience required; preferably with Service Now ITSM Tool
* ITIL V3 Foundations certified
* Effective and strong partnership and relationship building skills with key stakeholders
* Ability to reinforce a culture focused on continuous improvement
* Track record to drive business results -- identifies and capitalizes on opportunities, identifies risks/issues, assesses implications, formulates recommendations, and drives sound decisions that deliver results
* Relationship management, coaching and collaboration skills
* Analytical and strategic thinker
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, and daily planned and unplanned operational activities
* Excellent written and verbal communication abilities; formal presentation and facilitation skills
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online