Business Information Specialist
123 Bank Street-NH500
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This position will be a dedicated Private Banking data expert with thorough understanding of the Private Banking business, the data/tools needed to support the business, the current data deficiencies and the vision for what is needed to support the business.
Incumbent will work with various IT business partners to coordinate appropriate Private Bank and Webster Bank system interfaces and oversee the Private Bank's business information reporting needs.
Perform all analytic duties in support of private banking including but not limited to:
- Production of marketing lists and assuring that lists are fully compliant with all applicable regulations, including email, mail, call, etc.
- Possession of strong technical skills, a high degree of curiosity and the ability to translate technical results into business recommendations.
- Expert product knowledge is critical as this individual will be expected to respond to a large volume of custom/ad hoc information requests from all levels within the organization.
- Be proficient with: direct response and backend analysis techniques; response to customer requests from client groups, development of KPI reporting, and presentation of results.
- In the near term, become proficient with various databases and reports created within the Private Bank such as SEI Wealth Platform (and corresponding BOXI reports), Relationship Detail, Inflow/Outflow Report, TAC Database, Discretionary Payments, WPB Collateral Monitoring and SharePoint site. Administer these systems, creating interfaces for back office users to maintain supporting data (employees, assignments, passwords)
- Become familiar with current Fiduciary, Investment Management and Webster Bank core applications and CDR utilized by the Private Bank and work with various Subject Matter Experts (SME). Gain overall understanding of current interfaces and line of business reporting challenges and provide enhancement solutions and/or recommendations.
- Develop and maintain interfaces and reporting tools for line of business databases and other technology needs within the Webster Private Bank.
- Develop and manage incentive and management reports and supporting interfaces. Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly reporting on New Business and Incentive reports. Create and maintain various periodic business line reports.
- Capture business requirements for systems enhancements in support of private banking. Understand client needs; research and document business requirements; oversee testing for system upgrades, enhancements, and conversions. Work closely with Webster systems and various Private Bank personnel.
- Create required documentation for system enhancements, problem logs and changes to line of business created systems to meet audit and compliance needs.
- Recommend solutions for data gathering and analysis to meet the needs of the Private Bank.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as they arise.
- Work closely with IT/PB to coordinate development of a sustainable data environment meeting Private Banking's needs.
- Perform other administrative/analytical support as necessary within the competencies and skill levels identified for this position.
- Administer various departmental forms and/or documents.
- Administer the SharePoint site for the Private Bank.
- Provide senior management with adhoc business line activity reports in a timely manner.
- BA/BS required -Math, MIS or Data Analytics
- Financial Industry background preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience - Business Analysis
- Wealth Management systems experience a plus
- The incumbent must possess strong organization skills, the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and generate technical specifications around data records, relational databases and analysis.
- SAS (preferred)
- Business Objects (Crystal Reports) (preferred)
- Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- SharePoint exp preferred
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online