Assc Underwriter - Consumer Finance
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Position Title Assoc Underwriter- Consumer Lending
BASIC FUNCTION :
Underwrite and assess credit quality for all consumer finance products, including home equity loans, home equity lines and personal loans, in accordance with Webster Bank credit policies. Responsible for review and analysis of entire file, including application, credit report, supporting documentation (income/asset verification) , customer identification information, OFAC review, title verification, fraud review, and collateral review, including in-depth review of the property valuation (i.e. full appraisal, AVM, etc.). Render final decision and recommend decisions on loans that exceed authority.
- Have a strong understanding of Webster Bank credit policies and guidelines.
- Efficiently manage pipeline of loans. Meet prescribed goal of decisions per day.
- Maintain acceptable level of quality for all loan files. Each underwriter will be held accountable for the quality of loan files, to ensure all supporting documentation is in the file, that the loan was approved within product guidelines, and that the loan was approved with proper signoff.
- Review declined loan files for exceptions. Make business case and present exception requests (if warranted) to management.
- Review subordination requests.
- Stay up to date on work-flow and procedures. Review processes and recommend efficiencies. Maintain strong working knowledge of loan origination software.
- Monitor compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements. Ensure accuracy of HMDA data for reporting.
- Stay abreast of bank and industry requirements.
- Work closely with third parties (loan processors, branch representatives, loan officers, etc.) to ensure superior customer service. Respond to routine and complex customer and branch inquiries, interpret questions/requests and ensure proper resolution.
- Assist with HMDA review for reporting.
Position Title: Loan Underwriter
X This job is in the mid level of a career path
REQUIREMENTS : Briefly describe the educational background, experiences and skills necessary for successful performance in this position.
A) Education -
X Some college preferred - Business related coursework, or equivalent work experience
B) Experience -
2 -- 4 years of related experience -- Minimum of 2 years of loan processing experience.
C) Job Skills / Knowledge:
Basic knowledge of consumer and/or conventional mortgage underwriting skills. Basic knowledge of loan origination system. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online