Date ActiveJul 5, 2022 3:56:04 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Webster Bank is seeking a High Risk Customer Monitoring Analyst with knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements to fulfill the following duties:
- Conduct financial investigations to mitigate regulatory, reputational and compliance risk for Webster Bank, N.A. and its affiliates.
- Conduct Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and USA Patriot Act 314a investigations
- Conduct Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) monitoring of high risk customers, cash intensive businesses, Politically Exposed People (PEP), Money Services Businesses (MSBs), foreign customers, ATM contractors, third party senders, non-bank financial institutions (NBFIs) etc.
- Conduct customer data mining, utilizing internal anti-money laundering interdiction software to identify patterns of suspicious activity related to money laundering, terrorist financing and/or other related financial crimes.
- Review internal account relationship/activities where money laundering or related financial misconduct allegations are possible
- Prepare detailed investigation reports that logically outline investigative steps taken, research completed and recommendations made, utilizing analytical judgment and knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations (BSA),
- Interpret and maintain a strong knowledge of all current and proposed BSA/AML laws and regulations.
- Manage data collection and quality control of investigative work product.
- As appropriate, communicate the results of investigations to Director of Bank Secrecy Act program (BSA Officer).
- Preparation of the appropriate management reports summarizing findings and recommendations.
- May be called to testify in State and Federal civil/criminal court proceedings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- College degree or equivalent experience required in compliance, banking, and/or investigations.
- Qualified candidates typically have up to 2 years related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations and investigations preferred
- Proven ability to work independently in a high volume environment
- Strong analytical, computer, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) preferred