132 Grand Street-NH513
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Responsible for assisting in the execution of the Corporate Reconciliation. This includes performing walkthroughs, documenting reconciliation processes, and test execution. In addition, this role requires continuous development and an understanding of auditing and accounting standards. The Accountant reports to the Internal Controls Manager.
1. Develop and maintain a business network within assigned area of responsibility.
2. Document reconciliation process flows
3. Request and organize source documentation
4. Execute financial control testing.
5. Validate test exceptions.
6. Identify, research and resolve reconciliation exceptions within pre-established SLA's and communicate critical issues to management for resolution.
7. Monitor remediation activities.
8. Participate in the management self-certification process.
9. Support SOX Office administrative functions and requirements.
10. Participate as an intregral part of the team, exhibiting ownership, follow-through, and initiative.
-Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field
-2 to 4 years of accounting experience in a public accounting or the financial services industry preferred.
-Experience with and strong understanding of MS Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint.
-Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management and analytical skills.
-Understanding of risk vulnerabilities, mitigation strategies, and basic audit techniques.