Accountant - Accounts Payable
Date ActiveApr 22, 2021 1:51:12 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Monitor all daily accounts payable activities to ensure adherence to established accounting procedures. Demonstrate flexibility and teamwork by supporting the interaction between this position and others within the Corporation. Provide guidance, training, and work direction to Accounts Payable staff. Support all company initiatives and process improvements.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
* Process invoices and employee expense vouchers in accordance with the corporate policy.
* Ensure timely and accurate processing of payments on a daily basis
* Compare purchase orders, prices, terms of payments and other charges.
* Prepare, generate, and run various reports as requested.
* Process stop payments/ reissues. Maintain and report escheatment items as necessary
* Maintain database for new and existing vendors. Ensure proper compliance by performing OFAC screening and TIN checks in accordance with policy.
* Responsible for year-end processing including the preparation and distribution of 1099’s
* Document and maintain operational procedures; suggest changes to improve existing processes.
Education, Experience & Skills
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
* 2 - 4 years accounting experience in accounting or the financial services industry preferred.
* Working knowledge of Oracle and/or AP Express is necessary.
* Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Outlook and Word software).
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to apply knowledge of accounting with minimum supervision.