Account Executive, Asset Based Lending
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Account Executive for Webster Business Credit is responsible for all aspects of relationship management of their respective accounts. They are also responsible for managing up to 14 commercial accounts and requires an advanced level of Asset Based Lending and Relationship Management skills.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- All aspects of relationship management of respective accounts.
- Meet regularly with customers to review operating performances;
- Continuously monitor and analyze collateral positions through daily sign-off on advance requests, monthly collateral packages, and review of periodic field exams
- Regular review of financial performance through analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, and cash flow budgets and projections
- Review, analyze, structuring and underwriting of amendment requests with respect to financial covenants, line increases or renewals, approval of acquisitions, recapitalizations, etc.
- Develop and generate cross-sell opportunities of other bank products with their account base;
- Develop new sources of business by networking with customer based contacts (accountants, advisors, suppliers, etc)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree required. (Accounting, Business, Economics preferred)
- 3+ years experience as an Account Executive and at least 5 years of Asset Based Lending industry experience.
- CPA or Credit Trained preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures, financial statements, general ledgers, and A/R, Inventory, and A/P sub-ledgers
- Working knowledge of cash receipt records and cash flow statements
- Strong business sense with the ability to recognize potential collateral or operational weaknesses and the ability to recommend solutions
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Organizational skills and able to meet stringent deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or as a team
- Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Willingness to travel
The estimated salary range for this position is $160,000 USD to $180,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.